What changes did the Sci-Fi Channel make when
they aired Buckaroo Banzai?
The following information was provided by Bradford B Baldwin, GM Skarka, and BBI-CrazyHorse :
- The Sci-Fi channel cuts the scene where Buckaroo is running from the truck. They cut before the ladder drops in front of Buckaroo, leaving out the set-up for Scooter and his dad.
- They cut out Artie's entire bit before the concert. They just jump right into the walk-through to the stage.
- When New Jersey is realizing the Welles connection, originally he said "well, maybe it wasn't a hoax--er, isn't a hoax"--on SCIFI they cut the scene after "wasn't a hoax".
- They chopped the crap out of the jetcar experiment--you don't see the overthruster beam fire, and the 8th Dimension sequence is truncated, too.
- The SCI-FI channel also cut the scene where New Jersey is typing on the computer, which at the same time he seams to be playing the "Team March!"
If you have any additional information to add to this page, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on January 1st, 2007.
Maintained by Sean Murphy [email@example.com]