Is there a hint file for the Buckaroo Banzai Text/Graphic Adventure
Yes. The hint file was provided by Scott Adams (http://www.msadams.com/downloads.htm)
This hint file goes from suggesting things to do
all the way to giving you the flat out answer to the
question. If you want to use this a hint at a time, I suggest you print
this page out and then cover the answers you don't want to see with a
piece of paper. You have been warned.
Can't go down the stairs?
- To get around iin the dark requires a light source.
- A flashlight is a tool.
- The Flashlight is inside the toolbox in the house on Hickory.
Can't get gas at the station?
- There is no power for the gasoline pumps.
- The gas will have to be removed from the underground tanks.
- You will have to use the hand pump to pump the gasoline.
- The hose from the hand pump won't reach the gasoline?
- Consider extending the pump hose by attaching another hose.
- Examine the Jet Car.
- Tape the fuel hose from the car to the hand pump.
Can't make the car go?
- Look at the dashboard.
- What does the fuel gauge say.
- Open the glove compartment and read what you find.
Can't get the radio to work?
- Try examining it.
- The radio needs a battery and an antenna look in the radio shed.
- Take radio to shed and connect it to antenna and battery .
Can't find a battery?
- A service station is a good place to find car batteries.
- Go inside the cashiers booth.
- Examine the trashpile inside the cashiers booth and get battery.
Can't get radio to work even with the battery?
- Look at the battery.
- All car batteries have liquid inside.
- Fill the battery in the lake.
Still having problems with the battery?
- Use the hydrometer.
- The battery must be charged before it can power the radio.
- Use the jumper cables to connect the battery to the power
terminals of the jetcar so you can recharge it
Can't find a container for the gasoline?
- Examine the basement laboratory.
- There are two items in the lab a mixing vat and a staircase.
- Examine the staircase from the lab
Can't find the quartz?
- Quartz is found in veins usually mined in mountains.
- Examine the mountain see whats above the ledge.
Can't get above the ledge?
- Find a rope.
- If rope isn't available use something similiar.
- Dig in the field get the underground phone line and use it as
Can't get the phone line?
- To get a section of the line requires it cut in two places.
- Dig more than one hole.
- Dig two seperate holes in the field then cut the cable in both
holes and pull the cable out.
Found the quartz, but can't get it?
- A climbers pick can be used to take mineral samples.
- Figure out a way to get the pick up on the ledge.
- Tie the line to the pick before climbing the line then pull the
pick up behind.
Car explodes when you press the starter?
- The car runs on jet fuel not gasoline.
Did you replace the fuel hose after using it to pump the gasoline?
- The gasoline must be washed from the fuel hose in the lake
The car just idles when I start it!
- A car designed to go 700 mph would be dangerous when the cockpit
- Close the cockpit.
- The cockpit must be closed then the starter pressed if you want
the car to move .
Can't seem to get the battery charged?
- Batteries charge faster if the car they are attached to is
- Get the jet car running.
- The jet car will idle so you can charge the battery.
Can't seam to make the radio do anything except countdown?
- To disarm the bomb requires transmitting a code thru the radio.
- The bomb is generating a radio interference that is blocking your
radio signals from reaching it.
- Use the jet car to go inside the mountain so you can disarm the
interference so the bomb will recieve your commands.
After driving into the mountain, everthing goes dark?
- Sounds to me like the same problem as the laboratory.
- You need a light source.
- Bring the flashlight.
Can't figure out how to turn off the rfi shield?
- Examine the bomb.
- What do the lights indicate.
- Flip the switch on the bomb and see what happens to the lights.
Can't find the catalyst?
- You've already found it.
- This catalyst emits light.
- Its the jar of glowing fluid .
Can't find the safe?
- Its inside the yoyodyne office.
- Examine the table.
- Move the table.
Can't open the safe?
- It requires a key.
- Not the key from the toolbox.
- The key to this safe comes from inside the mountain.
Flashlight runs out?
- Batteries only last so long.
- These are not nicads.
- Only use the flashlight when absolutely necessary.
Always get killed on the freeway?
- Your mission takes place inside this town.
- There is no reason to leave town.
- Stay off the freeway.
Don't understand why I'm here?
- To prevent a disaster.
- To disarm a bomb.
This page was last updated on June 10th, 2016.
Maintained by Sean Murphy [email@example.com]