What articles have been published about Buckaroo Banzai?
- Burns, James, *An Interview with the Director of Buckaroo Banzai W. D. Richter*, Marvel Super Special #33, 1985.
- Dowd, Maureen, Dr. Banzai and Mr. Bush in the August 12th, 2001 issue of the New York Times Week in Review (Page 13). You will have to register on their site, which is free, to see the article.
- Goldberg, Lee, *On the Set of Buckaroo Banzai*, Starlog #81,
April 1984, Pages 44-46.
- Goldberg, Lee, *Earl MacRauch : Living with the "lepers
of Saturn"*, Starlog #84, July 1984, Pages 66-68.
- Goldberg, Lee, *W.D. Richter : Barnstorming with Buckaroo
Banzai*, Starlog, December 1984, Pages 19-22.
[Does anyone know what issue number this is? - Sean]
- Goldberg, Lee, *W.D. Richter Writes Again!*, Starlog #107,
June1986, Pages 53,54,64.
- Horsting, Jessie, *Buckaroo Banzai*, Fantastic Films, Pages
[Does anyone know what issue number this is and when it was published?
- Lee, Nora, "Across the Eighth Dimension with Buckaroo
Banzai", Cinefex #19, November 1984, Pages 44-59.
The issue is still available for $12.50 postpaid (outside U.S.,
add $3.50 postage). Orders can be sent to: Cinefex, P.O. Box
20027, Riverside, CA 92516.
- Murphy, Sean, THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI ACROSS THE EIGHTH DIMENSION!, The True Story Declassified at Last!, Issue #82 (April, 2002)
Almost two decades after its theatrical release, the filmed exploits
of the world's greatest scientist/philosopher/rock star makes
its DVD debut - with 14 once deleted scenes recently declassified
by The Banzai Institute! Sean Murphy has been entrusted with
the whole story, straight from the mouths of director W.D. Richter
and Team Banzai historian Reno Nevada!"
You can read this article online as Buckaroo Banzai : The Resurrection of an American Hero, November 11th, 1999.
This article describes the differences between the released version
of Buckaroo Banzai and the bootleg workprint and features a new
interview with director W.D. "Rick" Richter. There
are also behind-the-scene photos provided by Mr. Richter. Please
let me know what you think of the article at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sragow, Michael, *Buckaroo Banzai is outta sight*, The Boston
Pheonix, Section 3, October 2, 1984, pages 1,10.
- Sragow, Michael, *Richter Scale*, The Boston Pheonix, Section
3, October 2, 1984, pages 1,10,12.
[If you have any articles to add or any information on the articles
listed here that are lacking
information, please E-mail Sean at email@example.com]
This page was last updated on January 1st, 2007.
Maintained by Sean Murphy [firstname.lastname@example.org]